Friday, July 28, 2017

Let's Partner Up!

I love using cooperative grouping in my class and I try to group kids in different ways. I was so very fortunate to work beside a teacher who used lots of Kagan grouping strategies. From colored dots to letters on desks, this teacher was a master at pairing students up. I borrowed her strategies and use lots of grouping strategies in my classroom.

I must confess that I'm not so good at pairing up students. I try to give students choices to help them  take ownership in our classroom, so I'm not always as structured with pairs. I frequently let students choose their partners. At other times I pair students up purposefully. Other times I want to randomly pair students up. Enter the partner pair-up cards. 

These cards are set up in pairs. Pass out the cards randomly and then have students go looking for their partners. It's a fun way to pair up the kids. Interested in a set of cards for yourself? Click here to download the file!





No comments:

Post a Comment