- Sell our house in Texas that we built from the ground up and I brought both my babies home to,
- Watch as movers boxed up 15 years worth of stuff from our house,
- Lived in the Residence Inn for 3 months while we had two separate houses under contract that we walked away from before eventually finding the house for us,
- Unpack most of the 500 boxes the movers delivered to us,
- Lose one of my precious doggies to liver poisoning as he ate a toxic plant in our new home, and
- Make some wonderful new friends this school year.
Moving has been an experience, to say the least! I am so proud of my kids and how well they have adapted to our new surroundings. They have done great! I feel like I'm just now coming up for air. Teaching a new subject in a new school in a new state has been a load. But the end of the year is in sight, so I should be able to sit back and take a breath soon. I'm ready for summer! Aren't you?
In the meantime, I've started a new blog to post all my math and science things. Cafe 1123 was named after my classroom at my previous school. My theme that school year was "StarBooks Cafe" and I loved it so much. I can't bear to shut down Cafe 1123! So I'm moving on to Mrs. Hamilton's Cafe. That will allow me to post all subject area stuff in one place. Don't worry, I'll keep the always popular heart map and other writing posts up here. They get a lot of hits.
Come see me...